1·They're really saying, I I love you.
其实他们在说,我爱你。
2·I meant to take mine, but I--I missed it.
我本想喝我的,可是我——我嘴没喝到。
3·"I—I want to play that—I have a garden of my own," she stammered.
“我——我想玩那个——我有我自己的花园。”她结结巴巴地说。
4·He thought, "My young son is wiser than I. I have the wisdom pot, yet he is wiser."
他想:“我的小儿子比我要聪明。尽管我有智慧罐,但他还是更聪明。”
5·I: I hope by next weekend.
我希望是在下个周末之前吧。
6·Neither can I, I said.
我说,我也不能忍受。
7·"I - I write, or, rather, try to write, for the magazines," Martin faltered.
“我——我写东西,或者说试着给杂志写点东西。”马丁犹豫着回答。
8·"I? I detest him," replied Favourite in the same tone, seizing her fork again.
“我,我厌恶他,”宠儿用了同样的语调回答,重又拿起她的叉子。
9·I: I don't like the weather like this. Cold and rainy.
我不喜欢这样的天气,又冷还下着雨,真希望早点出太阳。
10·"I... I... I don't know," he stutters.
“我……我……我不知道,”他结结巴巴地说。